Short story, I've become RHEV consultant. I've attended on internal Red Hat training dedicated to RHEV solutions along with other Red Hat consultants from whole Europe and Russia.
My personal experience: We run RHEV for a month (as for 29th Dec) in our infrastructure.
It's rocking stable and you will love the RHEV-M GUI :)
I think virtualization must be Open Source. I expect RHEV to become one of best virtualization solutions on market.
Sidenote, other competitors will say, "It's too new...".
No, its not, KVM is in linux kernel since 2006. End of story.
As for close future, RHEL6 will bringe CGroups (in Fedora since Fedora 10), highly expected feature which allows granting and limiting CPU/Memory resources to Linux processes. KVM will gain by this feature a lot, since very VM is seen as one process. Along with RHEV.
There is a lot of planned but I currently cannot share this knowledge by anyone but my colleagues who are also under strict NDA.
RHEV will introduce edition for Desktops pretty soon. You can combine both editions (for Servers and for Desktops). One RHEV-M (RHEV Manager) will manage all of these. No need for 2nd physical machine as connection broker, which other Desktop Virtualization Solutions require. And we have Spice!
Holly Spice!!! Years of accelerated graphics in production. RDP is dead. PCoIP is just too new and expensive.
Did you know Spice will be available also for Linux? YEP, accelerated graphics on LINUX DESKTOPS (x11) and for Linux desktops. Sweety! Be sure to see Spice in action!
All features which will popup will be available to all customers. There will be no functional parts packages. You get everything right away.
Join any of our presentations about Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
Also, you can ask me anything related to RHEV. I'll be glad to help you.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment