Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm RHCE. Cool!

At Friday, 27 June 2008 I have took an RHCE Exam.
I was already a RHCT (Red Hat Certified Technician), so I know the exam could be hard.

Theres a little description from Red Hat website:

--

Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) is a performance-based test that measures actual competency on live systems. Called the "crown jewel of Linux certifications," RHCE proves an individual's ability to configure networking services and security on servers running a Red Hat OS. RHCE was recently named the hottest certification in all of IT by CertCities.com.

The RHCE Exam

Becoming a Red Hat Certified Engineer requires passing a five-and-a-half-hour hands-on exam.

More information: http://www.redhat.com/certification/rhce/faq/

--

Be aware, to take RHCE exam, you have to work with Red Hat Enteprise Linux for some time. You have to know how linux works, where are RHEL's configuration files and how to secure RHEL (tcpwrappers, iptables, selinux,...).

There is absolutely NO time for studying man pages at the exam
, only for confirmation is you are unsure about something. Then you have to know where exactly to check in man pages (ie. page 8, section XY, value ab).
You have to remember most of the important configuration values.

At the exam, I have even spend some time to doublecheck everything and to eat my launch. :)

At Friday night around 11pm, I have received a Lab Exam Results.

I didn't know what score can I expect. Did I passed or didn't?

But everythink went just fine, I got full 100point Score on both sections - the RHCT one and the RHCE one.
What a nice suprice!~

My RHCE Certificate Number is 805008703332510.

RHCA's on the way, baby..

No comments: